The Knight Center will hold its first MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) –“Introduction to Infographics and Data Visualization”– from October 28 to December 8, 2012.
The course, taught in English by Alberto Cairo, is free (as in, you don’t pay anything to take it) and open to anyone that wants to sign up.
Here are the objectives, as described on the Knight Center’s website:
• How to analyze and critique infographics and visualizations in newspapers, books, TV, etc., and how to propose alternatives that would improve them.
• How to plan for data-based storytelling through charts, maps, and diagrams.
• How to design infographics and visualizations that are not just attractive but, above all, informative, deep, and accurate.
• The rules of graphic design and of interaction design, applied to infographics and visualizations.
• Optional: How to use Adobe Illustrator to create infographics.
Sing up here! I’d love to be your “classmate” : )