Editor and producer at Radio Ambulante.
A sample of freelance writing and other contributions:
- ‘Why I’m No Longer Talking To White People About Race’ Is A Call To Action, NPR Books, November 2017.
- The history of organized crime in Mexico, told through data, Columbia Journalism Review, December 2015
- What happened when I joked about the president of Ecuador, New York Times Magazine, May 2015.
- This Tijuana-born singer’s music is inspired by living in ‘the most violent era ever’, Public Radio International, November 2014
- This new documentary blurs the lines on the map to make a point about borders, Public Radio International, October 2014
- Here are three people who might help Latinos strike it big in the American art scene, Public Radio International, September 2014
- Latin Women Take the Helm, World Policy Journal, Spring 2014 issue.
- The Inequality Behind Chile’s Prosperity, Council on Hemispheric Affairs, 22 November, 2011
- Honduras: As Human Rights Violations Go Unpunished, “Feminists in Resistance” Fight for Justice Latina Lista, 10 January 2011
- The Challenges and Opportunities for Latina Writers, Latina Lista, 7 June 2010.
- Piñera’s Twittering Cabinet, The Pulse, June 2010
- Cadena SER (Spain), A vivir, Tertulia de corresponsales. Si no incomoda no es periodismo. Saturday, November 19, 2016.
- Article for Global Voices Online, Deadly Storms, Delayed Aid Devastate Mexico’s La Montaña Indigenous, featured on PRI.org: Deadly storms and delayed response ravage indigenous Mexican communities.
- Al Jazeera English, Listening Post. Saturday, September 14, 2013. Invited to participate as part of Global Village Voices segment to discuss media coverage of 40th anniversary of Pinochet coup in Chile.
- Al Jazeera English, Listening Post. Saturday, March 17, 2012. Invited to participate as part of Global Village Voices segment to discuss Ecuadorian President Rafael Correa’s relationship with the media.
- Al Jazeera English, Listening Post. Saturday, November 26, 2011. Invited to participate as part of Global Village Voices segment to discuss TV show The Archives of the Cardinal.
- Al Jazeera English, Listening Post. Friday, October 22, 2010. Invited to participate as part of Global Village Voices segment to discuss media and the 33 Chilean miners.
- Article for Global Voices Online, Chile: New Government Makes Strong Presence on Twitter, featured on a technology blog Babbage from The Economist: Does Twitter promote democracy?. The idea from the Babbage post later became a print article for the magazine: Sweet to tweet.
- Article for Global Voices Online, Chile: Mapuche Communities Affected by Earthquake, featured on the BBC’s news site: Chile’s indigenous Mapuche speak out online.